Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Acetone China Price Index
This post is a summary of the acetone price developments. The price developments of acetone are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Acetone price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for acetone prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of acetone prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of acetone
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of acetone prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the acetone market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further sources of information on the Acetone price index
What is Acetone
Acetone is a clear, colorless liquid with a sweet, fruity smell. It is a solvent, which means that it can dissolve other substances. Acetone is commonly used in the manufacturing of plastics, fibers, and other industrial products. It is also used as a solvent in the laboratory and is a component of some cleaning agents. In addition, acetone is used as a solvent for removing nail polish and is found in some cosmetics. Acetone is flammable and should be handled with caution.
How is Acetone produced
There are several ways to produce acetone, but the most common method is through the fermentation of corn or other crops. This process involves the conversion of carbohydrates to acetone and other chemicals through the action of bacteria. The acetone is then separated from the other chemicals and purified for use.
Another method for producing acetone is through the dehydrogenation of isopropanol, which is a type of alcohol. This process involves the use of a catalyst and high temperatures to convert the isopropanol to acetone.
Acetone can also be produced through the cumene process, which involves the oxidation of cumene, a hydrocarbon, to produce acetone and phenol. This process is commonly used in the production of plastics and other industrial products.
Overall, the production of acetone involves chemical reactions that convert raw materials into the final product. The specific process used depends on the availability of raw materials and the desired end product.
What is acetone used for
Acetone is a versatile solvent that is used in a variety of applications. Some common uses of acetone include:
Acetone is used as a solvent in the production of plastics, fibers, and other industrial products.
Acetone is commonly used as a solvent in the laboratory for the dissolving of various chemicals.
Acetone is a component of some cleaning agents and is used to dissolve dirt and grime.
Nail polish remover
Acetone is often used as a solvent for removing nail polish.
Acetone is found in some cosmetics, such as nail polish and other beauty products.
Acetone is used in the production of some medications and is also used as an antiseptic.
Overall, acetone has a wide range of uses due to its ability to dissolve other substances and its chemical stability.
How big is the acetone market
It is difficult to estimate the size of the acetone market as a whole, as it is used in a variety of industries and applications. However, acetone is a widely used chemical and is an important component in the production of many industrial and consumer products. According to some estimates, the global acetone market was valued at around $5.5 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of around 4.5% from 2020 to 2025. The growth of the acetone market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for acetone in the production of plastics and other industrial products, as well as growing demand for acetone in the cosmetics industry.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Acetone are the world’s 1558th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.