Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
2-Ethylhexanol price index
This post is a summary of the 2-Ethylhexanol price developments. The price developments of 2-Ethylhexanol are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. 2-Ethylhexanol price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for 2-EHA prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Ethylhexanol
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of 2-EHA
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of 2-Ethylhexanol prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Ethylhexanol market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on 2-Ethylhexanol
Here is further information on 2-ethylhexanol.
What is 2-Ethylhexanol
2-Ethylhexanol, also known as 2-EH or octanol, is a clear, colorless liquid with a sweet, floral smell. It is an alcohol that is composed of eight carbon atoms and has a chemical formula of C8H18O. 2-Ethylhexanol is used as an intermediate in the production of a number of chemicals and has a number of industrial and commercial uses.
How is 2-Ethylhexanol made
2-Ethylhexanol is typically produced by the hydroformylation of propylene, which is a process that involves the addition of carbon monoxide and hydrogen to propylene to form aldehydes. The aldehydes are then hydrogenated to form 2-ethylhexanol.
What is 2-Ethylhexanol used for
2-Ethylhexanol is used as a starting material in the production of a number of chemicals, including 2-ethylhexanoic acid, which is used in the production of plasticizers and lubricants, and 2-ethylhexyl acrylate, which is used in the production of paints, adhesives, and coatings. In addition, 2-ethylhexanol is used as a solvent in the production of resins, plastics, and fibers, and it is also used as a plasticizer and a humectant in the production of cosmetics and personal care products.
2-Ethylhexanol is also used in the production of pharmaceuticals, flavors, and fragrances, and it has been studied for use as a solvent in the production of biofuels. It is worth noting that 2-ethylhexanol can be toxic if ingested or inhaled in large amounts, and it can cause irritation to the skin and eyes. As a result, it is important to handle 2-ethylhexanol with caution and to follow proper safety procedures when working with this chemical.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
Where is 2-ethylhexanol traded
Trade information according to oec.world: Acyclic Alcohols are the world’s 135th most traded product. In 2020, the top exporters of Acyclic Alcohols were Saudi Arabia ($3.22B), United States ($3.03B), Germany ($2.14B), China ($1.43B), and Netherlands ($1.3B). In 2020, the top importers of Acyclic Alcohols were China ($7.42B), United States ($1.55B), South Korea ($1.44B), India ($1.35B), and Germany ($1.1B).
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.