4B Acid price May 2023 and forecast (see chart below) (see chart):
- China:US$2.01/KG, -1% down
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
4B Acid price index
This post is a summary of the 4B Acid price developments since 2017. The price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. 4B Acid price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy
Further information on 4B Acid
Here is further information
What is 4B acid
4B acid, or 4-Aminotoluene-3-sulfonic acid, also known as ATSA or 4-amino-3-toluenesulfonic acid, is a chemical compound that is used as an intermediate in the production of a number of chemicals, including dyes, pigments, and pharmaceuticals. It is a white, crystalline solid with a molecular formula of C7H9NO3S.
How is 4B acid produced
4-Aminotoluene-3-sulfonic acid is typically produced by the sulfonation of 4-aminotoluene, which is a process that involves the addition of sulfuric acid to the amine. The resulting product is then purified and isolated to produce 4-aminotoluene-3-sulfonic acid.
What is 4B acid used for
4-Aminotoluene-3-sulfonic acid is used as an intermediate in the production of a number of chemicals, including dyes, pigments, and pharmaceuticals. It is also used in the production of certain types of resins and in the synthesis of other chemicals.
It is worth noting that 4-aminotoluene-3-sulfonic acid can be toxic if ingested or inhaled in large amounts, and it can cause irritation to the skin and eyes. As a result, it is important to handle this chemical with caution and to follow proper safety procedures when working with it.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We will improve our price trend algorithm before December 31, 2023.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm until end of December 2023.
- As part of that process, we will add many additional indexes in the final quarter of 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.