AAMX price May 2023 and forecast (see chart below)
- China:US$3.69/KG, -0.8% down
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
AAMX price index
This post is a summary of the AAMX price developments since 2017. The price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. AAMX price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
Further information on the AAMX price index
What is AAMX
Acetoacet-m-xylidide is a chemical compound with the formula C8H9NO2. It is a derivative of acetoacetic acid, with a xylidide group (-CN) attached to the alpha carbon (the carbon atom adjacent to the carboxyl group). Acetoacet-m-xylidide is a colorless solid that is poorly soluble in water. It is used as a starting material in the synthesis of a variety of chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
How is AAMX produced
There are several ways to synthesize acetoacet-m-xylidide, depending on the starting materials and the desired yield and purity of the final product. Here is one example of a synthesis of acetoacet-m-xylidide:
First Acetoacetic acid is converted to its ester, ethyl acetoacetate, by reacting it with ethanol in the presence of an acid catalyst such as sulfuric acid.
The ethyl acetoacetate is then treated with hydroxylamine hydrochloride, a reducing agent, to convert it to acetoacet-m-xylidide.
The resulting mixture is cooled and filtered to remove any solid impurities, and the filtrate is concentrated under reduced pressure to give acetoacet-m-xylidide as a colorless solid.
This is just one example of a synthesis of acetoacet-m-xylidide, and there may be other methods that are used depending on the specific requirements and conditions of the synthesis.
What is AAMX used for
Acetoacet-m-xylidide is a chemical intermediate that is used as a starting material in the synthesis of a variety of chemicals and pharmaceuticals. Some examples of compounds that can be synthesized from acetoacet-m-xylidide include:
Used as pharmaceutical intermediates and dyes.
Used as explosives, dyes, and pharmaceuticals.
Used as intermediates in the synthesis of dyes, pharmaceuticals, and other chemicals.
Used as solvents, plasticizers, and intermediates in the synthesis of a wide range of chemicals.
Used as intermediates in the synthesis of a variety of chemicals and as starting materials for the production of plastics, resins, and other materials.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We will improve our price trend algorithm before December 31, 2023.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm until end of December 2023.
- As part of that process, we will add many additional indexes in the final quarter of 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.