Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Acetic Acid price index
This post is a summary of the acetic acid price developments. The price developments of acetic acid are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Acetic acid price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for acetic acid prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of acetic acid prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of acetic acid
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of acetic acid prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the acetic acid market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Acetic Acid price index
Here is some further information
What is Acetic acid
Acetic acid, also known as ethanoic acid, is a colorless liquid with a sharp, pungent smell. It is an organic compound with the chemical formula C2H4O2. Acetic acid is a weak acid that is widely used in a variety of applications.
How is Acetic acid produced
Acetic acid can be produced by several methods. One common method involves the fermentation of carbohydrates, such as sugars or starches. Acetic acid can also be produced by the oxidation of ethanol or by the carbonylation of methanol.
What is Acetic acid used for
Acetic acid, also known as ethanoic acid, is a colorless liquid that is commonly used in a wide range of applications, including:
Acetic acid is used as a raw material in the production of chemicals such as vinyl acetate, which is used to make polyvinyl acetate (PVA) and polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH). Acetic acid is also used in the production of cellulose acetate, which is used to make films, fibers, and plastics.
Food and beverages
Acetic acid is a key ingredient in the production of vinegar, which is used as a condiment and food preservative. It is also used as a flavor enhancer in some foods and beverages.
Acetic acid is used as a disinfectant and cleaning agent, particularly in the food industry. It is effective at killing bacteria and breaking down protein-based stains.
Acetic acid is used in the production of some medical products, including ear drops and topical skin products. It is also used as a diagnostic aid in some medical procedures.
Acetic acid is also used in the production of some personal care products, such as hair dyes and shampoos, and in the oil and gas industry to improve the recovery of crude oil from reservoirs.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
Market information about Acetic acid
According to data from MarketsandMarkets, the global acetic acid market was valued at around $10.5 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of $14.2 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period.
Acetic acid, also known as ethanoic acid, is a widely used chemical that is produced on a large scale for a variety of applications, including the production of vinegar, plastics, and chemicals. It is a clear, colorless liquid with a pungent, vinegar-like odor and is highly corrosive.
The demand for acetic acid is driven by a number of factors, including its use in the production of a range of chemicals and materials, such as vinyl acetate monomer (VAM), acetic anhydride, and acetate esters. It is also used in the production of food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care products, as well as in the textile, automotive, and construction industries.
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for acetic acid, followed by North America and Europe. The increasing demand for acetic acid in the region is driven by the growth of the chemical and construction industries, as well as the increasing use of acetic acid in the production of chemicals and materials.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Acetic acid are the world’s 1507th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.