Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Acrylonitrile price index
This post is a summary of the global acrylonitrile price developments. The price developments of global acrylonitrile are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Acrylonitrile price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for global acrylonitrile prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of global acrylonitrile prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of acrylonitrile
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of global acrylonitrile prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the acrylonitrile market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further sources of information on the Acrylonitrile price index
What is Acrylonitrile
Acrylonitrile is a colorless, highly flammable liquid with a sharp, pungent odor. It is a chemical intermediate used in the production of a variety of products, including plastics, fibers, rubber, and resins. Acrylonitrile is a toxic compound and can be harmful if inhaled or ingested. It can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, and respiratory system, and prolonged exposure can lead to more serious health effects.
Acrylonitrile is used in the production of a variety of products, including acrylic fibers, plastics, and rubber. It is also used as a solvent for other chemicals and as a feedstock for the production of a range of chemicals, including acrylamide and acrylic acid.
Overall, acrylonitrile is an important chemical intermediate that is used in the production of a wide range of products. However, it is toxic and should be handled with caution.
How is Acrylonitrile produced
Acrylonitrile is produced through the oxidation of propylene, a hydrocarbon, using oxygen or air as the oxidizing agent. This process is known as the direct oxidation of propylene and takes place at high temperatures and pressures in the presence of a catalyst, such as vanadium pentoxide or molybdenum oxide.
The direct oxidation of propylene is the most common method for producing acrylonitrile, but it can also be produced through the hydrolysis of acrylonitrile or the oxidation of 2-propanol.
Overall, the production of acrylonitrile involves chemical reactions that convert raw materials into the final product. The specific process used depends on the availability of raw materials and the desired end product.
What is Acrylonitrile used for
Acrylonitrile is a chemical intermediate that is used in the production of a wide range of products. Some common uses of acrylonitrile include:
Acrylonitrile is used in the production of acrylic resins, which are used to make a variety of plastic products such as sheets, films, and fibers.
Acrylonitrile is used in the production of synthetic fibers, such as acrylic and modacrylic fibers, which are used in clothing and other textile products.
Acrylonitrile is used in the production of synthetic rubber.
Acrylonitrile is used in the production of resins, which are used as binders in coatings, adhesives, and other products.
Acrylonitrile is used as a solvent for other chemicals.
Acrylonitrile is used as a feedstock for the production of a range of chemicals, including acrylamide and acrylic acid.
Overall, acrylonitrile has a wide range of uses due to its chemical stability and ability to react with other substances to form a variety of products.
How big is the Acrylonitrile market
It is difficult to estimate the size of the global acrylonitrile market as a whole, as it is used in a variety of industries and applications. However, acrylonitrile is an important chemical intermediate and is widely used in the production of a variety of products. According to some estimates, the global acrylonitrile market was valued at around $9.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of around 4.5% from 2020 to 2025. The growth of the acrylonitrile market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for acrylonitrile in the production of plastics and other products, as well as growing demand for acrylonitrile in the construction and automotive industries.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Acrylonitrile are the world’s 1241st most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.