Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness.
Activated charcoal price index
This post is a summary of the Activated charcoal price developments. The price developments of Activated charcoal are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Activated charcoal price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Activated charcoal prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Activated charcoal prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Activated charcoal
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Activated charcoal prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Activated charcoal market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Activated charcoal price index
What is activated charcoal
Activated charcoal is a form of carbon that has been treated with oxygen to make it highly porous and highly adsorbent. This means that it has a large surface area and is able to adsorb, or bind to, a wide range of substances. Activated charcoal is commonly used in a variety of applications due to its ability to adsorb impurities and toxins from gases and liquids.
Activated charcoal is often used in water filtration systems to remove impurities from water. It is also used in air purification systems to remove impurities from the air. Activated charcoal is used in the medical field to treat poisoning and overdose, as it is able to absorb a wide range of toxins and chemicals. It is also used in the food industry as a food additive to improve the flavor and appearance of some products.
Activated charcoal is generally considered safe when used as directed, but it can cause side effects such as constipation and black stools. It is also important to note that activated charcoal should not be used in place of medical treatment for poisoning or overdose.
How is activated charcoal produced
Activated charcoal is produced through a process called activation, which involves heating carbon-rich materials, such as wood, coconut shells, or peat, to high temperatures in the absence of oxygen. This process removes impurities and leaves behind a highly porous, highly adsorbent form of carbon.
After the carbon-rich material has been heated, it is treated with oxygen to increase its porosity and surface area. This process is known as activation, and it is what gives activated charcoal its unique properties.
Activated charcoal can be produced in a variety of forms, including powders, granules, and pellets. The specific form of activated charcoal produced depends on the intended use and the production process.
Overall, the production of activated charcoal involves a process of heating and treating carbon-rich materials to create a highly porous, highly adsorbent form of carbon.
What is activated charcoal used for
Activated charcoal is a versatile material that is used in a variety of applications due to its ability to adsorb impurities and toxins from gases and liquids. Some common uses of activated charcoal include:
Activated charcoal is used in water filtration systems to remove impurities from water.
Activated charcoal is used in air purification systems to remove impurities from the air.
Activated charcoal is used in the medical field to treat poisoning and overdose, as it is able to absorb a wide range of toxins and chemicals.
Activated charcoal is used in the food industry as a food additive to improve the flavor and appearance of some products.
Personal care products
Activated charcoal is used in some personal care products, such as toothpaste and facial cleansers, due to its ability to absorb impurities.
Overall, activated charcoal has a wide range of uses due to its unique properties and ability to adsorb impurities.
How big is the activated charcoal market
It is difficult to estimate the size of the global activated charcoal market as a whole, as it is used in a variety of industries and applications. However, activated charcoal is a widely used material and is an important component in a number of products. According to some estimates, the global activated charcoal market was valued at around $1.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of around 6.5% from 2020 to 2025. The growth of the activated charcoal market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for activated charcoal in water and air filtration systems, as well as growing demand for activated charcoal in the medical and personal care industries.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Activated carbon are the world’s 1306th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.