Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Aluminum chloride price index
This post is a summary of the Aluminum chloride price developments. The price developments of Aluminum chloride are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Aluminum chloride price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Aluminum chloride prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Aluminum chloride prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Aluminum chloride
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Aluminum chloride prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Aluminum chloride market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further sources of information on the Aluminum chloride price index
What is aluminum chloride
Aluminum chloride is a white or pale yellow, crystalline solid with a strong, astringent smell. It is a compound of aluminum and chlorine, and it is highly reactive and hygroscopic, meaning that it readily absorbs moisture from the air.
Aluminum chloride is used in a variety of industrial and laboratory applications, including the production of aluminum metal and other aluminum compounds, the purification of water, and the synthesis of other chemicals. It is also used in the production of pharmaceuticals and as a catalyst in chemical reactions.
Aluminum chloride is toxic and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. It can cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system, and it is classified as a hazardous substance. It should be handled with caution and appropriate safety measures should be taken when working with it.
How is aluminum chloride produced
There are several methods for producing aluminum chloride, including:
Electrolysis of aluminum oxide
Aluminum chloride can be produced through the electrolysis of aluminum oxide, which is also known as alumina. This process involves passing an electric current through a solution of alumina dissolved in molten cryolite, a chemical compound made up of aluminum, sodium, and fluorine. The electrolysis process breaks down the alumina into its component atoms, producing aluminum metal and oxygen gas. The aluminum metal is then combined with chlorine gas to form aluminum chloride.
Reactions with hydrochloric acid
Aluminum chloride can be produced through reactions with hydrochloric acid, which is a strong acid made up of hydrogen and chlorine. When aluminum is reacted with hydrochloric acid, it forms aluminum chloride and hydrogen gas.
Reactions with aluminum oxide and chlorine gas
Aluminum chloride can also be produced through reactions with aluminum oxide and chlorine gas. This process involves heating aluminum oxide in the presence of chlorine gas, which produces aluminum chloride and oxygen gas.
Overall, the production of aluminum chloride involves chemical reactions that convert raw materials into the final product. The specific process used depends on the availability of raw materials and the desired end product.
What is aluminum chloride used for
Aluminum chloride is a versatile chemical that is used in a variety of industrial and laboratory applications. Some common uses of aluminum chloride include:
Production of aluminum metal
Aluminum chloride is used in the production of aluminum metal, which is a lightweight, corrosion-resistant metal with a wide range of applications.
Production of other aluminum compounds
Aluminum chloride is used in the production of other aluminum compounds, such as aluminum sulfate and aluminum hydroxide. These compounds are used in a variety of applications, including water treatment, paper production, and fire retardant products.
Purification of water
Aluminum chloride is used in the purification of water, as it can remove impurities and contaminants from water.
Synthesis of other chemicals
Aluminum chloride is used as a catalyst in the synthesis of a variety of chemicals, including drugs, dyes, and plastics.
Aluminum chloride is used in the production of some pharmaceuticals.
Overall, aluminum chloride has a wide range of uses due to its chemical reactivity and ability to act as a catalyst in chemical reactions.
How big is the aluminum chloride market
It is difficult to estimate the size of the global aluminum chloride market as a whole, as it is used in a variety of industries and applications. However, aluminum chloride is an important chemical and is widely used in the production of a variety of products. According to some estimates, the global aluminum chloride market was valued at around $3.3 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of around 5.5% from 2020 to 2025. The growth of the aluminum chloride market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for aluminum chloride in the production of aluminum and other aluminum compounds, as well as growing demand for aluminum chloride in the water treatment and pharmaceutical industries.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Aluminium chloride are the world’s 3591st most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.