Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Aluminum oxide (Alumina) price index
This post is a summary of the Aluminum oxide (Alumina) price developments. The price developments of Aluminum oxide (Alumina) are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Aluminum oxide (Alumina) price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Aluminum oxide (Alumina) prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Aluminum oxide (Alumina) prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Aluminum oxide (Alumina)
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Aluminum oxide (Alumina) prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Aluminum oxide (Alumina) market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Aluminum oxide chloride price index
What is Aluminum oxide
Aluminum oxide, also known as alumina, is an inorganic compound that is composed of aluminum and oxygen atoms. It is a white, crystalline solid with a high melting point and excellent thermal stability. Aluminum oxide is a widely used material that has a number of important properties, including a high hardness, high melting point, and good electrical insulation.
Aluminum oxide is produced through the electrolysis of bauxite, a naturally occurring ore that is rich in aluminum oxide. The bauxite is refined and then subjected to an electrolytic process, which separates the aluminum oxide from other impurities.
Aluminum oxide has a wide range of uses due to its unique properties. It is used in the production of aluminum metal, abrasives, refractory materials, and ceramics. It is also used as a catalyst in chemical reactions and as a food additive. Overall, aluminum oxide is an important industrial material that is used in a variety of applications.
How is Aluminum oxide produced
Aluminum oxide, also known as alumina, is produced through the electrolysis of bauxite, a naturally occurring ore that is rich in aluminum oxide. The process of extracting aluminum oxide from bauxite is known as the Bayer process and involves the following steps:
Bauxite is mined from the earth and transported to a refinery for processing.
The bauxite is crushed and ground into a fine powder, and then mixed with water and chemicals to form a slurry. The slurry is then filtered to remove impurities, and the remaining solution is heated to remove any remaining water.
The refined bauxite is subjected to an electrolytic process, in which an electric current is passed through a solution of the bauxite dissolved in molten cryolite, a chemical compound made up of aluminum, sodium, and fluorine. The electrolysis process breaks down the bauxite into its component atoms, producing aluminum oxide and oxygen gas.
Overall, the production of aluminum oxide involves a series of chemical and physical processes that convert raw materials into the final product. The specific process used depends on the availability of raw materials and the desired end product.
What is Aluminum oxide used for
Aluminum oxide, also known as alumina, is a versatile material that has a wide range of uses due to its unique properties. Some common uses of aluminum oxide include:
Production of aluminum metal
Aluminum oxide is used in the production of aluminum metal, which is a lightweight, corrosion-resistant metal with a wide range of applications.
Aluminum oxide is used as an abrasive material, as it has a high hardness and is able to withstand high temperatures. It is commonly used in sandpaper and other abrasive products.
Aluminum oxide is used as a refractory material, which is a material that is resistant to high temperatures and is used to line furnaces and other high-temperature equipment.
Aluminum oxide is used in the production of ceramics, which are hard, brittle materials that are resistant to heat and wear.
Aluminum oxide is used as a catalyst in chemical reactions, as it is able to speed up reactions without being consumed itself.
Aluminum oxide is used as a food additive to improve the texture and appearance of some products.
Overall, aluminum oxide has a wide range of uses due to its unique properties and ability to withstand high temperatures and wear.
How big is the Aluminum oxide market
It is difficult to estimate the size of the global aluminum oxide market as a whole, as it is used in a variety of industries and applications. However, aluminum oxide is a widely used material and is an important component in a number of products. According to some estimates, the global aluminum oxide market was valued at around $14.2 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of around 4.5% from 2020 to 2025. The growth of the aluminum oxide market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for aluminum oxide in the production of aluminum and other aluminum compounds, as well as growing demand for aluminum oxide in the abrasives, refractory materials, and ceramics industries.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Aluminium oxide, except artificial corundum are the world’s 272nd most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.