Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Ammonia price index
This post is a summary of the ammonia price developments. The price developments of ammonia are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Ammonia price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for ammonia prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of ammonia prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of ammonia
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of ammonia prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the ammonia market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on Ammonia price index
Here is some further information on Ammonia
What is Ammonia
Ammonia is a chemical compound with the chemical formula NH3. It is a colorless gas with a pungent, suffocating smell that is commonly used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications.
How is ammonia produced
Ammonia is produced through the Haber-Bosch process, which is a chemical reaction that involves the synthesis of ammonia from nitrogen gas and hydrogen gas. The reaction is typically carried out at high temperatures and pressures using a catalyst, such as iron or ruthenium, to promote the reaction.
What is ammonia used for
Ammonia, also known as nitrogen monohydride, is a chemical compound that is widely used in a variety of applications, including:
Ammonia is used as a raw material in the production of a variety of chemicals, including fertilizers, plastics, and explosives. It is also used in the refining of petroleum products and the production of pharmaceuticals.
Ammonia is used as a refrigerant in industrial refrigeration systems, due to its low boiling point and good thermal properties. It is also used in the production of refrigerators and air conditioners.
Ammonia is used as a fertilizer, as it is a source of nitrogen, which is an essential nutrient for plant growth. It is also used to make other fertilizers, such as urea and ammonium nitrate.
Ammonia is used as a cleaning agent, particularly in the food industry, due to its ability to dissolve grease and dirt. It is also used in the production of some cleaning products.
Ammonia is also used in the production of explosives, dyes, and explosives, and is used as a gas in the production of silicon wafers for the electronics industry.
It is important to handle ammonia with care, as it is a strong irritant and can cause burns if it comes into contact with skin or mucous membranes. It should be used in a well-ventilated area and protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, should be worn when handling it.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
Trade information on Ammonia
According to https://oec.world/ :
Ammonia are the world’s 413th most traded product.
According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the global ammonia market is expected to reach a value of $78.5 billion by 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 3.5% from 2021 to 2026. This growth is driven by increasing demand for ammonia in various industries, including agriculture, chemical, and energy. The report also notes that the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the global ammonia market, due to the increasing demand for ammonia in the region and the availability of low-cost feedstock.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.