Ammonia price February 2024 and outlook (see chart below)
- Global:US$0.66/KG, -2.9% down
- North America:US$0.74/KG, -1.3% down
- Europe:US$0.63/KG, -3.1% down
- Africa:US$0.45/KG, unchanged
- Northeast Asia:US$0.47/KG, -2.1% down
- South America:US$0.66/KG, unchanged
- Middle East:US$0.44/KG, -2.2% down
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Ammonia price index
This post is a summary of the ammonia price developments. The price developments of ammonia are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Ammonia price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for ammonia prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of ammonia prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of ammonia
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of ammonia prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the ammonia market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on Ammonia price index
Here is some further information on Ammonia
What is Ammonia
Ammonia is a chemical compound with the chemical formula NH3. It is a colorless gas with a pungent, suffocating smell that is commonly used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications.
How is ammonia produced
Ammonia is produced through the Haber-Bosch process, which is a chemical reaction that involves the synthesis of ammonia from nitrogen gas and hydrogen gas. The reaction is typically carried out at high temperatures and pressures using a catalyst, such as iron or ruthenium, to promote the reaction.
What is ammonia used for
Ammonia, also known as nitrogen monohydride, is a chemical compound that is widely used in a variety of applications, including:
Ammonia is used as a raw material in the production of a variety of chemicals, including fertilizers, plastics, and explosives. It is also used in the refining of petroleum products and the production of pharmaceuticals.
Ammonia is used as a refrigerant in industrial refrigeration systems, due to its low boiling point and good thermal properties. It is also used in the production of refrigerators and air conditioners.
Ammonia is used as a fertilizer, as it is a source of nitrogen, which is an essential nutrient for plant growth. It is also used to make other fertilizers, such as urea and ammonium nitrate.
Ammonia is used as a cleaning agent, particularly in the food industry, due to its ability to dissolve grease and dirt. It is also used in the production of some cleaning products.
Ammonia is also used in the production of explosives, dyes, and explosives, and is used as a gas in the production of silicon wafers for the electronics industry.
It is important to handle ammonia with care, as it is a strong irritant and can cause burns if it comes into contact with skin or mucous membranes. It should be used in a well-ventilated area and protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, should be worn when handling it.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
Trade information on Ammonia
According to https://oec.world/ :
Ammonia are the world’s 413th most traded product.
According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the global ammonia market is expected to reach a value of $78.5 billion by 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 3.5% from 2021 to 2026. This growth is driven by increasing demand for ammonia in various industries, including agriculture, chemical, and energy. The report also notes that the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the global ammonia market, due to the increasing demand for ammonia in the region and the availability of low-cost feedstock.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Where does the data come from?
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources. We have no access to primary data
- This the index trend of the price trend of the "product category" in general, and not a single specification of the product in particular
- The data is a combination of contract and spot pricing
- Our algorithms are set up to eliminate significant product mix impact on the reported price
- We combine public publications, import/export records, trading prices, company announcements, magazine articles, tweets, and other sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the our best approximation of the market trend based on our algorithm interpretation of the signals
- For most indexes we have multiple sources and we focus on using statistically-correlated sources
- As a function of our automation, it is likely that recent trends will be adjusted as we discover more information. So, for example, the price trend for February 2024 will be first calculated in February 2024 and adjusted in March, April and May 2024.
- We will update the data trend as more information becomes available, and this means that recent trends will always be adjusted as we get more data available
- The algorithm will regularly revise our understanding of market trends, and indicated market trends may change
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- Our automated software and we do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
Where does the data NOT come from?
- We do not purchase data from any other source and republish it.
- We will not purchase data from any other source and republish it
- We do not extrapolate trends, even for the forecast. We look for other market signals and leading indicators
What data should our company use?
- If you are making decisions driving significant share of profit, we always recommend that you buy data from the companies who invest in direct primary market access such as ICIS, amongst many others
- Our data, at best, represents an estimate of the market trend based on public information
- We have no direct access to the market, and we do not interview suppliers and customers
- Our automated analysis tools in the online software are set up to combine our data with other sources of data
- We do not recommend that you use our data for direct price mechanisms, as we may change and improve the data trends over time, including historical data
What does the quality indication in the main menu mean?
- Quality level A: Data is from a reliable and confirmed source
- Quality level B: Data is from multiple credible sources and there are no major statistical inconsistencies between them
- Quality level C: Data is from multiple credible sources and there are some statistical inconsistencies between them
- Quality level D: Data is from a single credible source, but we cannot verify the data
- Quality level E: Data is either:
- From a single source, which we consider reliable, but we cannot verify the data.
- From 2 or more sources which have some periods of contradicting trends.
- Quality level F: Data is from a single source which we consider indicatively correct, but the data is anecdotal and we cannot verify the data.
What are the disclaimers?
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
How often do we update the data?
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
What are we doing to improve the data?
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are reviewing all data sources in the first half of 2024.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm as part of that.
- The key focus in 2024 is to add many additional indexes
How can i give feedback on the data or request for new indexes
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request. You can reach us via the Contact us page