Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Ammonium chloride price index
This post is a summary of the Ammonium chloride price developments. The price developments of Ammonium chloride are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Ammonium chloride price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Ammonium chloride prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Ammonium chloride prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Ammonium chloride
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Ammonium chloride prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Ammonium chloride market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Ammonium chloride price index
What is ammonium chloride
Ammonium chloride is a white, crystalline chemical compound with the formula NH4Cl. It is a salt that is highly soluble in water and is commonly used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications.
What is ammonium chloride used for
One of the main uses of ammonium chloride is in fertilizers, where it is used to provide a source of nitrogen for plants. It is also commonly used in animal feed as a source of protein and as a supplement to help maintain the pH balance in the animal’s digestive system.
In addition to these uses, ammonium chloride is also used in the production of certain types of dyes, textiles, and pharmaceuticals. It is also sometimes used as a food additive to improve the texture and flavor of certain products.
Ammonium chloride is also used in a variety of other applications, including the production of batteries, the manufacturing of certain types of adhesives and resins, and as a component of certain types of fire extinguishers.
How is ammonium chloride produced
Ammonium chloride is produced through a process known as the Solvay process, which involves the reaction of ammonia with hydrochloric acid to form ammonium chloride and water. The Solvay process is a continuous process that involves the following steps:
Ammonia is produced through the reaction of nitrogen and hydrogen gas. Nitrogen is obtained from the air, while hydrogen is produced through the steam reforming of natural gas.
Production of hydrochloric acid
Hydrochloric acid is produced through the reaction of hydrogen and chlorine gas.
Reaction of ammonia and hydrochloric acid
The ammonia and hydrochloric acid are then reacted to form ammonium chloride and water.
Separation and purification
The ammonium chloride is separated and purified through a series of steps, including filtration, crystallization, and drying.
Overall, the production of ammonium chloride involves a series of chemical reactions and processes that convert raw materials into the final product. The specific process used depends on the availability of raw materials and the desired end product.
Ammonium chloride market
According to https://oec.world/ :
Ammonium chloride are the world’s 3664th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq is an online tool to track relevant market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators for you.
BusinessAnalytiq means you will always have the best market awareness in the room, leading to better discussions, faster decisions, better negotiations, better raw material prices, better internal and external communication, and ultimately lower risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The data is presented in US$
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources