Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Anthraquinone price index
This post is a summary of the Anthraquinone price index developments since 2015. The price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. Anthraquinone price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
Further information on the Anthraquinone price index
What is Anthraquinone
Anthraquinone is an organic compound with the formula C14H8O2. It is a solid, crystalline compound that is typically produced from petroleum or coal tar and is used as a raw material in the production of a variety of chemicals, including dyes, pigments, and pharmaceuticals.
Anthraquinone is a strong oxidizing agent and is used as a catalyst in various chemical reactions. It is also used as an intermediate in the synthesis of a number of chemicals, including dyes, pigments, and plastics. In addition, it is used in the production of alizarin, a dye that is used to color textiles and paper.
In the pharmaceutical industry, anthraquinone is used as an active ingredient in some laxatives and as a starting material for the synthesis of other drugs. However, it is important to note that anthraquinone can be harmful if ingested or inhaled and should be handled with caution. It is also important to follow safety guidelines and regulations when using anthraquinone and to use personal protective equipment as needed.
How is Anthraquinone produced
There are several methods for producing anthraquinone, and the specific process used can vary depending on the specific conditions and materials used. In general, anthraquinone is produced through a chemical synthesis process that involves the oxidation of a precursor compound, such as benzene or naphthalene, with oxygen or another oxidizing agent.
One of the most common methods for producing anthraquinone involves the oxidation of naphthalene with air in the presence of a catalyst, such as palladium or platinum. The reaction is typically carried out in a reactor vessel, and it produces a mixture of anthraquinone and other by-products. The mixture is then purified and fractionated to obtain the final product.
Other methods for producing anthraquinone involve the use of different precursors and oxidizing agents, and the specific details of the process can vary depending on the specific conditions and materials used.
What is Anthraquinone used for
Anthraquinone is an organic compound that is used as a raw material in the production of a variety of chemicals, including dyes, pigments, and pharmaceuticals. It is a strong oxidizing agent and is used as a catalyst in various chemical reactions. It is also used as an intermediate in the synthesis of a number of chemicals, including dyes, pigments, and plastics.
One of the main uses of anthraquinone is in the production of dyes and pigments. It is used as a starting material in the synthesis of a number of dyes, including alizarin, which is used to color textiles and paper. Anthraquinone is also used in the production of pigments, which are used to add color to a variety of products, including paints, inks, and plastics.
In the pharmaceutical industry, anthraquinone is used as an active ingredient in some laxatives and as a starting material for the synthesis of other drugs. It is also used in the production of resins, plastics, and rubber.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.