Base Metals price May 2023 and forecast (see chart below)
- Global:US$1.45/ID, -0.7% down
- Aluminium:US$1.25/ID, unchanged
- Cobalt:US$0.82/ID, -2.4% down
- Copper:US$1.48/ID, -0.7% down
- Lead:US$1.06/ID, unchanged
- Molybdenum:US$3.1/ID, -0.6% down
- Tin:US$1.2/ID, -0.8% down
- Uranium:US$1.41/ID, -0.7% down
- Zinc:US$1.12/ID, unchanged
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Base metals & materials price index
This post is a summary of the Base metals & materials price index developments since 2005 as per the World Bank. The developments are expressed as an index and not in absolute terms. Therefore the Base metals & materials price index means that the values provided are relative to Jan 1 2019 which is defined as 1.00.
Further information on the Base metals & materials price index:
Data source: World Bank
This data has been provided by the World Bank. The only change is that it has been indexed for Jan 2019 (so Jan 2019 is set as the index 1.00). The data is provided subject to the terms and conditions as defined by the World Bank
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We will improve our price trend algorithm before December 31, 2023.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm until end of December 2023.
- As part of that process, we will add many additional indexes in the final quarter of 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.