Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
C9 Hydrocarbon resin price index
This post is a summary of the C9 Hydrocarbon resin price developments. The price developments of C9 Hydrocarbon resin are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. C9 Hydrocarbon resin price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for C9 Hydrocarbon resin prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of C9 Hydrocarbon resin prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of C9 Hydrocarbon resin
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of C9 Hydrocarbon resin prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the C9 Hydrocarbon resin market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the C9 Hydrocarbon resin price index
Here is some further information
What is a C9 Hydrocarbon resin
C9 hydrocarbon resin is a type of synthetic polymer that is composed of C9 hydrocarbons, which are molecules made up of carbon and hydrogen atoms, with nine carbon atoms in the molecule. C9 hydrocarbon resins are typically derived from petroleum or natural gas, and are used in a variety of applications, including the manufacture of adhesives, coatings, inks, and rubber products. They are known for their strong bonding properties and ability to resist water and heat, making them useful in various industrial and commercial settings. C9 hydrocarbon resins are also used as a raw material in the production of other polymers, such as polystyrene and polyethylene.
How is a C9 hydrocarbon produced
C9 hydrocarbon resins are typically produced through a process called catalytic cracking, which involves breaking down larger hydrocarbon molecules into smaller ones using a catalyst. The process begins with the feedstock, which is typically a heavy petroleum fraction such as gas oil or residual oil. The feedstock is then mixed with a catalyst and heated to a high temperature in a reactor. The heat and pressure cause the hydrocarbons in the feedstock to break down into smaller molecules, which are then separated and purified through a series of distillation and purification steps. The resulting product is a mixture of hydrocarbons with nine carbon atoms, which is then polymerized to form the C9 hydrocarbon resin.
What is a C9 Hydrocarbon used for
C9 hydrocarbon resins are used in a wide range of applications, including:
C9 hydrocarbon resins are used as a key component in the manufacture of adhesives, such as hot melt adhesives and pressure sensitive adhesives. These resins provide strong bonding properties and are resistant to water, making them suitable for use in various industrial and commercial settings.
C9 hydrocarbon resins are used in the production of paints, inks, and other coatings. They provide good adhesion and resistance to water and heat, making them suitable for use in protective coatings for various surfaces.
C9 hydrocarbon resins are used as an ingredient in the production of rubber products, such as tires, belts, and hoses. They improve the elasticity and strength of the rubber, and also improve its resistance to heat and weathering.
C9 hydrocarbon resins can be used as a raw material in the production of other polymers, such as polystyrene and polyethylene. They are used to improve the strength and flexibility of these polymers.
C9 hydrocarbon resins are also used in the production of a variety of other products, including candles, printing inks, and plastic films.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.