Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.ccant to remove moisture from air and gases. It is often used in the production of electronic devices to prevent damage from moisture.
Calcium Carbide China price index
This post is a summary of the Calcium carbide price developments. The price developments of Calcium carbide are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Calcium carbide price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Calcium carbide prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Calcium carbide prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Calcium carbide
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Calcium carbide prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Calcium carbide market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Calcium Carbide price index
What is calcium carbide
Calcium carbide is a chemical compound with the formula CaC2. It is a grayish-white solid that is highly reactive and produces acetylene gas when it reacts with water.
Calcium carbide has a number of important industrial uses. It is used to produce acetylene gas, which is a raw material for the production of a variety of chemicals such as acetic acid, ethylene, and other polymers. Calcium carbide is also used as a reducing agent in the production of certain metals, and it is used in the manufacture of iron and steel.
In addition to its industrial uses, calcium carbide has a number of other applications. It is used as a desiccant to remove moisture from air and gases, and it is used in the production of explosives and fireworks. Calcium carbide is also used as a ripening agent for fruits, and it is used in the production of acetylene gas for welding and cutting torches.
How is calcium carbide produced
Calcium carbide is produced by the reaction of calcium oxide (lime) with carbon, typically in the form of coke. The reaction takes place in an electric arc furnace at a temperature of about 2,200 degrees Celsius.
What is calcium carbide used for
Calcium carbide is used for a number of purposes, including:
Production of acetylene gas
Calcium carbide is used to produce acetylene gas, which is a raw material for the production of a variety of chemicals such as acetic acid, ethylene, and other polymers. Acetylene gas is also used as a fuel in welding and cutting torches, and it is used in the production of certain types of plastics.
Calcium carbide is used as a reducing agent in the production of certain metals, such as aluminum, titanium, and zirconium. It is also used in the production of iron and steel.
Calcium carbide is used as a desiccant to remove moisture from air and gases. It is often used in the production of electronic devices to prevent damage from moisture.
Explosives and fireworks
Calcium carbide is used in the production of explosives and fireworks. When it reacts with water, it produces acetylene gas, which can be used as a fuel in pyrotechnic mixtures.
Calcium carbide is used as a ripening agent for fruits. It is often used to speed up the ripening process of bananas, mangoes, and other types of fruit.
Calcium carbide is also used in the production of insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides, and it is used in the manufacture of certain types of rubber. It is also used as a flux in the production of certain types of glass.
What is the calcium carbide market size
It is difficult to quantify the size of the calcium carbide market with precision, as it depends on various factors such as global demand for chemicals and other products that contain calcium carbide, the availability and price of raw materials, and regional differences in production and consumption. However, calcium carbide is a widely used chemical, and the market for this compound is likely to be quite large.
According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the global calcium carbide market was valued at around $2.7 billion in 2020, and it is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.3% between 2021 and 2026. The report notes that the increasing demand for acetylene gas, which is a major end-use product of calcium carbide, is a major driver of the market growth. Other factors contributing to the growth of the calcium carbide market include the increasing demand for metals and steel, and the growing use of calcium carbide as a desiccant and a ripening agent.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Calcium carbide are the world’s 3531st most traded product.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.