This post is a summary of the Calcium superphosphate developments since 2017. TThe price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. Calcium superphosphate price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
Calcium superphosphate price index
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Further information on the Calcium superphosphate price index
What is calcium superphosphate
Calcium superphosphate is a fertiliser that is made by reacting calcium oxide (also known as lime or quicklime) with phosphoric acid. It is a white, crystalline powder that is commonly used as a source of phosphorus and calcium for plants. Calcium superphosphate is made by mixing ground rock phosphate with lime and water to produce a slurry, which is then dried and ground to produce the final product.
How is calcium superphosphate produced
Calcium superphosphate is produced by reacting calcium oxide (also known as lime or quicklime) with phosphoric acid. The process typically involves the following steps:
Preparation of feedstock
The raw materials, such as rock phosphate and lime, are prepared for the reaction by crushing and grinding them to a uniform size.
The rock phosphate and lime are mixed with water to produce a slurry, which is then reacted with phosphoric acid to produce calcium superphosphate. The reaction typically takes place in a reactor or a ball mill.
Drying and grinding
The calcium superphosphate is dried and ground to produce the final product.
The calcium superphosphate is packaged in bags or bulk containers for transportation and storage.
Overall, the production of calcium superphosphate involves the reaction of calcium oxide with phosphoric acid to produce the final product, which is then dried and ground to the desired particle size.
What is calcium superphosphate used for
Calcium superphosphate is used in a variety of applications, including:
Calcium superphosphate is used as a fertiliser to provide phosphorus and calcium to plants. It is commonly used to improve the growth and yield of crops, such as corn, wheat, and soybeans.
Calcium superphosphate is used to improve the growth and development of horticultural plants, such as flowers and fruits.
Calcium superphosphate is also used in the production of animal feed, as a food additive, and as a soil conditioner.
Overall, calcium superphosphate is a widely used fertiliser that is used to provide essential nutrients to plants and improve their growth and yield.
How big is the calcium superphosphate market
It is difficult to estimate the exact size of the global calcium superphosphate market, as it depends on various factors such as demand from different end-use industries, production capacity, and market trends. However, calcium superphosphate is a widely used fertiliser that is used to provide essential nutrients to plants and improve their growth and yield. The demand for calcium superphosphate is expected to increase due to the growing global population and the increasing demand for food, which drives the demand for fertilisers. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the global calcium superphosphate market, due to the large and growing populations in countries such as China and India, which drive demand for agricultural products.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.