This post is a summary of the Carbon tetrachloride price developments since 2017. The price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. Carbon tetrachloride price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
Carbon tetrachloride price index
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Further information on the Carbon tetrachloride price index
What is carbon tetrachloride
Carbon tetrachloride, also known as tetrachloromethane, is a chemical compound with the formula CCl4. It is a colorless, nonflammable liquid that is used as a solvent and a refrigerant. Carbon tetrachloride is produced by the chlorination of methane, a process that involves the reaction of methane with chlorine gas.
What is carbon tetrachloride used for
Carbon tetrachloride has a variety of uses, including
Carbon tetrachloride is used as a solvent for a wide range of substances, including fats, oils, and waxes. It is also used as a solvent in the production of insecticides and pesticides.
Carbon tetrachloride is used as a refrigerant in some refrigeration systems.
Carbon tetrachloride is also used in the production of other chemicals, such as fire retardants and foam blowing agents, and it is used as a solvent in the production of rubber and plastics.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.