Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Chloranil price index
This post is a summary of the Chloranil price index developments since 2015. The price developments are expressed as a price index and not in absolute terms. Therefore the Chloranil price index means that the values provided are relative a chosen point in time which is defined as 1.00. Chloranil price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
Further information on the Chloranil price index
What is Chloranil
Chloranil is an organic compound with the formula C6Cl4O2. It is a yellow solid that is used as a reagent in chemical synthesis and as a herbicide. Chloranil is classified as a dinitroaniline herbicide, which means it is used to kill weeds in agricultural fields. It is relatively toxic to humans and other mammals, and it can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. As a result, it is important to use caution when handling chloranil and to follow safety guidelines and regulations when using it as a herbicide.
How is Chloranil produced
Chloranil is typically produced through a chemical synthesis process involving the reaction of tetrachloroquinone with aniline. The reaction is typically carried out in a solvent, such as acetone or methanol, and it produces chloranil as a solid yellow precipitate. The precipitate is then filtered and dried to obtain the final product.
There are several variations of this synthesis process that have been developed, and the specific details of the process can vary depending on the specific conditions and materials used. It is important to note that the production of chloranil involves the use of hazardous chemicals and should be carried out in a well-ventilated area with appropriate safety measures in place.
What is Chloranil used for
Chloranil is a chemical compound that is used as a reagent in chemical synthesis and as a herbicide. It is classified as a dinitroaniline herbicide, which means it is used to kill weeds in agricultural fields. It is relatively toxic to humans and other mammals, and it can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. As a result, it is important to use caution when handling chloranil and to follow safety guidelines and regulations when using it as a herbicide.
In chemical synthesis, chloranil is used as an oxidizing agent, meaning it can facilitate the transfer of oxygen atoms from one compound to another. It is also used as a catalyst in certain chemical reactions.
In addition to its use in chemical synthesis and as a herbicide, chloranil has also been studied for its potential use in the production of dyes, pigments, and other materials. However, it is not widely used in these applications due to its toxicity and other concerns.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.