Cotton Seed price February 2024 and outlook (see chart below)
- North America:US$0.2/KG, unchanged
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Cotton seed price index
This post is a summary of the global Cotton seed price developments. The price developments of global Cotton seed are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Cotton seed price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for global Cotton seed prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of global Cotton seed prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Cotton seed
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of global Cotton seed prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Cotton seed market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Cotton seed price index
What is cotton seed
Cotton seed is the seed of the cotton plant, which is a member of the mallow family. Cotton seeds are covered in a soft, downy fiber known as cotton lint, which is used to make a variety of products, including clothing, bedding, and other textiles.
How are cotton seed produced
Cotton seeds are harvested from the cotton plant after the lint has been removed. The seeds are then processed to remove impurities.
What are cotton seed used for
Cotton seed are used in a variety of applications, including:
Cotton seeds are rich in protein and are used as a feed supplement for livestock, such as cattle and poultry.
Cotton seeds are used in the production of industrial products, such as lubricants, plastics, and paints.
Cotton seeds are used in the production of cosmetics, such as moisturizers and lip balms, due to their emollient properties.
Cotton seeds are also used in the production of food products, such as cooking oil, margarine, and snack foods.
Overall, cotton seeds are an important byproduct of the cotton industry and have a wide range of uses in many different industries.
How big is the global cotton seed market
The global cotton seed market is significant, with demand driven by the use of cotton seeds as a feed supplement for livestock and the production of industrial products, cosmetics, and food products. According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the global cotton seed market was valued at approximately USD 11 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 15 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate of 5.7%.
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for cotton seeds, followed by Europe and North America. The growth in the Asia-Pacific region is driven by the increasing demand for feed supplements and the production of industrial products, while the demand in Europe and North America is driven by the cosmetics and food industries.
Overall, the demand for cotton seeds is likely to remain strong in the coming years due to their wide range of uses and the growing demand for feed supplements and industrial products. However, the cotton seed market is subject to fluctuations in price and supply due to factors such as weather conditions, disease outbreaks, and economic conditions in cotton-producing countries.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
According to https://oec.world/ :
Cotton are the world’s 55th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Where does the data come from?
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources. We have no access to primary data
- This the index trend of the price trend of the "product category" in general, and not a single specification of the product in particular
- The data is a combination of contract and spot pricing
- Our algorithms are set up to eliminate significant product mix impact on the reported price
- We combine public publications, import/export records, trading prices, company announcements, magazine articles, tweets, and other sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the our best approximation of the market trend based on our algorithm interpretation of the signals
- For most indexes we have multiple sources and we focus on using statistically-correlated sources
- As a function of our automation, it is likely that recent trends will be adjusted as we discover more information. So, for example, the price trend for February 2024 will be first calculated in February 2024 and adjusted in March, April and May 2024.
- We will update the data trend as more information becomes available, and this means that recent trends will always be adjusted as we get more data available
- The algorithm will regularly revise our understanding of market trends, and indicated market trends may change
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- Our automated software and we do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
Where does the data NOT come from?
- We do not purchase data from any other source and republish it.
- We will not purchase data from any other source and republish it
- We do not extrapolate trends, even for the forecast. We look for other market signals and leading indicators
What data should our company use?
- If you are making decisions driving significant share of profit, we always recommend that you buy data from the companies who invest in direct primary market access such as ICIS, amongst many others
- Our data, at best, represents an estimate of the market trend based on public information
- We have no direct access to the market, and we do not interview suppliers and customers
- Our automated analysis tools in the online software are set up to combine our data with other sources of data
- We do not recommend that you use our data for direct price mechanisms, as we may change and improve the data trends over time, including historical data
What does the quality indication in the main menu mean?
- Quality level A: Data is from a reliable and confirmed source
- Quality level B: Data is from multiple credible sources and there are no major statistical inconsistencies between them
- Quality level C: Data is from multiple credible sources and there are some statistical inconsistencies between them
- Quality level D: Data is from a single credible source, but we cannot verify the data
- Quality level E: Data is either:
- From a single source, which we consider reliable, but we cannot verify the data.
- From 2 or more sources which have some periods of contradicting trends.
- Quality level F: Data is from a single source which we consider indicatively correct, but the data is anecdotal and we cannot verify the data.
What are the disclaimers?
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
How often do we update the data?
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
What are we doing to improve the data?
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are reviewing all data sources in the first half of 2024.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm as part of that.
- The key focus in 2024 is to add many additional indexes
How can i give feedback on the data or request for new indexes
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request. You can reach us via the Contact us page