Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Cotton seed price index
This post is a summary of the global Cotton seed price developments. The price developments of global Cotton seed are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Cotton seed price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for global Cotton seed prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of global Cotton seed prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Cotton seed
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of global Cotton seed prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Cotton seed market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Cotton seed price index
What is cotton seed
Cotton seed is the seed of the cotton plant, which is a member of the mallow family. Cotton seeds are covered in a soft, downy fiber known as cotton lint, which is used to make a variety of products, including clothing, bedding, and other textiles.
How are cotton seed produced
Cotton seeds are harvested from the cotton plant after the lint has been removed. The seeds are then processed to remove impurities.
What are cotton seed used for
Cotton seed are used in a variety of applications, including:
Cotton seeds are rich in protein and are used as a feed supplement for livestock, such as cattle and poultry.
Cotton seeds are used in the production of industrial products, such as lubricants, plastics, and paints.
Cotton seeds are used in the production of cosmetics, such as moisturizers and lip balms, due to their emollient properties.
Cotton seeds are also used in the production of food products, such as cooking oil, margarine, and snack foods.
Overall, cotton seeds are an important byproduct of the cotton industry and have a wide range of uses in many different industries.
How big is the global cotton seed market
The global cotton seed market is significant, with demand driven by the use of cotton seeds as a feed supplement for livestock and the production of industrial products, cosmetics, and food products. According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the global cotton seed market was valued at approximately USD 11 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 15 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate of 5.7%.
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for cotton seeds, followed by Europe and North America. The growth in the Asia-Pacific region is driven by the increasing demand for feed supplements and the production of industrial products, while the demand in Europe and North America is driven by the cosmetics and food industries.
Overall, the demand for cotton seeds is likely to remain strong in the coming years due to their wide range of uses and the growing demand for feed supplements and industrial products. However, the cotton seed market is subject to fluctuations in price and supply due to factors such as weather conditions, disease outbreaks, and economic conditions in cotton-producing countries.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
According to https://oec.world/ :
Cotton are the world’s 55th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.