Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) price index
This post is a summary of the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer price developments. The price developments of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymer market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) price index
Here is some further information
What is Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA)
Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) is a synthetic polymer that is composed of ethylene and vinyl acetate monomers. It is a flexible, elastic material that is used in a wide range of applications, including the manufacture of shoes, inflatable products, and packaging materials.
EVA is known for its good impact resistance, flexibility, and toughness, making it suitable for use in products that require these properties. It is also resistant to water and UV radiation, making it suitable for outdoor use. In addition, EVA has good chemical resistance and can be easily molded into various shapes, making it useful in the production of a wide range of products.
Some examples of products made from EVA include sports shoes, sandals, boots, ski boots, inflatable toys, and packaging materials such as bubble wrap. It is also used as a rubber replacement in some products, such as hoses and gaskets.
How is EVA produced
Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) is produced through a process called polymerization, in which ethylene and vinyl acetate monomers are combined to form the polymer chain. The process begins with the production of the monomers, which are typically produced through the petrochemical industry.
The monomers are then mixed together and heated in a reactor to initiate the polymerization reaction. The temperature and pressure in the reactor are carefully controlled to ensure that the monomers are converted into the polymer chain efficiently. The resulting product is a solid, elastic material that can be molded into various shapes.
The production of EVA can be modified to produce materials with different properties, such as varying levels of elasticity, toughness, and chemical resistance, by adjusting the ratio of the monomers and the conditions of the polymerization reaction.
What is EVA used for
Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) is a flexible, elastic material that is used in a wide range of applications, including:
EVA is often used in the production of shoes, sandals, boots, and other footwear. It is known for its good cushioning properties and is often used as a midsole material in sports shoes.
EVA is used in the production of inflatable products such as rafts, pool toys, and beach balls. It is resistant to water and UV radiation, making it suitable for outdoor uses
EVA is used in the production of packaging materials such as bubble wrap and foam sheets. It is known for its good cushioning properties and is used to protect products during shipping and handling.
EVA is used as a rubber replacement in some products, such as hoses and gaskets. It is resistant to water and UV radiation, making it suitable for outdoor use.
EVA is also used in the production of a variety of other products, including toys, automotive parts, and adhesives.
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
Trade information on EVA
According to https://oec.world/ :
Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymers are the world’s 699th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.