Natural Graphite price May 2023 and forecast (see chart below)
- USA:US$1.36/KG, 2.3% up
- Europe:US$1.6/KG, unchanged
- Africa:US$0.91/KG, -1.1% down
- China:US$0.82/KG, unchanged
- LATAM:US$1.05/KG, unchanged
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Graphite natural price index
This post is a summary of the natural graphite acid price developments. The price developments of natural graphite are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Natural graphite price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for natural graphite prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of natural graphite prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of natural graphite
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of natural graphite prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the natural graphite market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Graphite price index
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
According to https://oec.world/ :
Graphite are the world’s 1000th most traded product.
In 2020, the top exporters of Graphite were China ($290M), United States ($39M), Germany ($30M), Japan ($26.9M), and Brazil ($26.2M).
In 2020, the top importers of Graphite were South Korea ($113M), Japan ($96.7M), Germany ($45.4M), United States ($40.3M), and Poland ($24.2M).
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We will improve our price trend algorithm before December 31, 2023.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm until end of December 2023.
- As part of that process, we will add many additional indexes in the final quarter of 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.