Hexamethylenediamine price November 2023 and outlook (see chart below)
- North America:US$2.53/KG, 4.5% up
- Europe:US$2.43/KG, 4.3% up
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Hexamethylenediamine price index
This post is a summary of the Hexamethylenediamine price developments. The price developments of Hexamethylenediamine are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Hexamethylenediamine price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Hexamethylenediamine prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Hexamethylenediamine prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Hexamethylenediamine
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Hexamethylenediamine prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Hexamethylenediamine market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on Hexamethylenediamine price index
Here is some further information
What is Hexamethylenediamine
Hexamethylenediamine (HMDA) is an organic compound with the chemical formula C6H12N2. It is a white, crystalline solid that is soluble in water and polar organic solvents. It has a strong, ammonia-like odor.
How is Hexamethylenediamine produced
HMDA is produced by the hydrogenation of adiponitrile, which is itself produced by the nitration of cyclohexane. The hydrogenation reaction is typically carried out in the presence of a catalyst, such as palladium or platinum, at high pressures and temperatures.
What is Hexamethylenediamine used for
HMDA is used as an intermediate in the production of a variety of chemicals, including polyamides, polyurethanes, and plastics. It is also used in the production of adhesives, resins, and rubber products. In addition, it is used as a corrosion inhibitor and as a raw material for the production of pharmaceuticals and dyes.
What types of Hexamethylenediamine are there
Hexamethylenediamine (HMD) is a linear, six-carbon diamine with the chemical formula C6H12N2. It is used as a building block for the production of a variety of products, including nylon and other polyamides. In terms of types, HMD can be classified based on its purity, end-use applications, and other specifications. Some of the common types of HMD include:
Technical grade HMD
Technical grade HMD is a lower-purity form of HMD that is used primarily in industrial applications, such as the production of adhesives and resins.
Pharmaceutical grade HMD
Pharmaceutical grade HMD is a high-purity form of HMD that is used in the production of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and other personal care products.
Food grade HMD
Food grade HMD is a high-purity form of HMD that is used in the production of food and beverage additives.
Reagent grade HMD
Reagent grade HMD is a high-purity form of HMD that is used as a starting material in the production of other chemicals, such as dyes and pigments.
These are some of the common types of HMD, and the exact specifications and properties of HMD can vary depending on the end-use application and the manufacturer. Additionally, HMD can be customized to meet specific customer requirements, such as modified molecular weight, color, and other specifications.
What are the key cost drivers of Hexamethylenediamine
Hexamethylenediamine (HMD) is a chemical intermediate used in the production of a variety of products, including nylon and other polyamides. The cost of HMD is driven by several factors, including:
Raw material prices
The cost of HMD is closely tied to the cost of its raw materials, including benzene and formaldehyde. Fluctuations in the price of these raw materials can have a significant impact on the cost of HMD.
Energy costs are a significant component of HMD production costs, and fluctuations in energy prices can impact the overall cost of HMD.
The level of utilization of HMD production capacity can also impact the cost of HMD.
The cost of HMD can also be impacted by regulatory costs, such as environmental regulations and taxes, which can add to the cost of production.
These are some of the factors that can impact the cost of HMD, and the specific drivers of cost can vary depending on the region, the state of the global economy, and other factors.
How big is the global HMD market
The size of the global hexamethylenediamine (HMD) market is difficult to quantify with certainty, as the market is constantly evolving and can be impacted by a variety of factors, including changes in the global economy, shifts in consumer demand, and fluctuations in raw material prices. Additionally, the size of the market can also be influenced by the level of competition, regulatory requirements, and other factors.
However, according to recent market research reports, the global HMD market is expected to grow significantly over the next few years, driven by increasing demand from end-use industries, such as the production of nylon and other polyamides, adhesives and resins, and pharmaceuticals.
It is estimated that the global HMD market was valued at approximately USD 2.5 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach approximately USD 3.5 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Hexamethylenediamine, its salts are the world’s 1811th most traded product.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Where does the data come from?
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- This the index trend of the price trend of the "product category" in general, and not a single specification of the product in particular
- The data is a combination of contract and spot pricing
- Our algorithms are set up to eliminate significant product mix impact on the reported price
- We combine public publications, import/export records, trading prices, company announcements, magazine articles, tweets, and other sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the our best approximation of the market trend based on our algorithm interpretation of the signals
- For most indexes we have multiple sources and we focus on using statistically-correlated sources
- We will update the data trend as more information becomes available, and this means that recent trends will always be adjusted as we get more data available
- We will constantly revise our understanding of market trends, and indicated market trends may change
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
Where does the data NOT come from?
- We do not purchase data from any other source and republish it.
- We will not purchase data from any other source and republish it
- We do not extrapolate trends, even for the forecast. We look for other market signals and leading indicators
What does the quality indication in the main menu mean?
- Quality level A: Data is from a reliable and confirmed source
- Quality level B: Data is from multiple credible sources and there are no major statistical inconsistencies between them
- Quality level C: Data is from multiple credible sources and there are some statistical inconsistencies between them
- Quality level D: Data is from a single credible source, but we cannot verify the data
- Quality level E: Data is either:
- From a single source, which we consider reliable, but we cannot verify the data.
- From 2 or more sources which have some periods of contradicting trends.
- Quality level F: Data is from a single source which we consider indicatively correct, but the data is anecdotal and we cannot verify the data.
What does the data intend to show?
- The price trend we show is intended to represent the locally manufactured prices, or local FOB prices.
- It is possible that product is imported in from other countries at a lower, or higher, price than shown.
- For example:
- The USA price for TiO2 is US$3,000/MT
- The China price for TiO2 is US$2,100/MT
- If a USA company buys TiO2 from China, their CIF price may be US$2,350/MT
- Our reporting is intended to show the US$3,000/MT, and the the US$2,100/MT but not the US$2,350/MT
What data should our company use?
- If you are making decisions driving significant share of profit, we always recommend that you buy data from the companies who invest in direct market access such as ICIS, amongst many others
- Our data, at best, represents an estimate of the market trend based on public information
- We have no direct access to the market, and we do not interview suppliers and customers
- Our analysis tools in the online software are set up to combine our data with other sources of data
What are the disclaimers?
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
How often do we update the data?
- We aim to update the data series on the 9th and 24th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
What are we doing to improve the data?
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods
- Pricing data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We will improve our price trend algorithm before December 31, 2023.
- There will be continuous fine-tuning of the trend and forecast algorithm until end of December 2023.
- As part of that process, we will add many additional indexes in the final quarter of 2023
How can i give feedback on the data or request for new indexes
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request. You can reach us via the Contact us page
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.