Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
Maleic Anhydride price index
This post is a summary of the Maleic anhydride price developments. The price developments of Maleic anhydride are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Maleic anhydride price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Maleic anhydride prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Maleic anhydride prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Maleic anhydride
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Maleic anhydride prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Maleic anhydride market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on Maleic Anhydride price index
Here is some further information
What is Maleic Anhydride
Maleic anhydride is a chemical compound with the formula C2H2(CO)2O. It is a highly reactive compound that is used as a starting material for the synthesis of a wide variety of chemicals, including polymers, plastics, and resins. It is also used as a crosslinking agent in the production of rubber.
Maleic anhydride is a colorless, crystalline solid that has a strong, pungent odor. It is highly reactive and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. It is also an irritant to the skin and eyes, and it can cause respiratory problems if inhaled.
How is Maleic Anhydride produced
Maleic anhydride is produced by the oxidation of benzene or n-butane, or by the dehydration of maleic acid. It is used in the production of a variety of chemicals, including polymers, plastics, resins, and rubber. It is also used as a crosslinking agent in the production of rubber.
What is Maleic Anhydride used for
Maleic anhydride is a chemical compound that is used as a starting material for the synthesis of a wide variety of chemicals, including polymers, plastics, and resins. It is also used as a crosslinking agent in the production of rubber.
Some specific applications of maleic anhydride include:
Production of unsaturated polyester resins
Maleic anhydride is used to produce unsaturated polyester resins, which are used in a wide range of applications, including construction, automotive, marine, and recreational industries.
Production of plasticizers
Maleic anhydride is used to produce plasticizers, which are chemicals that are added to polymers to make them more flexible and easier to process.
Production of lubricants
Maleic anhydride is used to produce lubricants, which are used to reduce friction and wear in mechanical systems.
Production of surfactants
Maleic anhydride is used to produce surfactants, which are chemicals that are used to reduce the surface tension of liquids and improve their ability to wet surfaces.
Production of adhesives
Maleic anhydride is used to produce adhesives, which are used to bond materials together.
Production of dyes and pigments
Maleic anhydride is used to produce dyes and pigments, which are used to color a wide variety of products.
Production of pharmaceuticals
Maleic anhydride is used to produce a number of pharmaceuticals, including antifungal agents and anticancer drugs.
Crosslinking agent in rubber
Maleic anhydride is used as a crosslinking agent in the production of rubber, which improves the strength and durability of the final product.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
Maleic anhydride market information
According to https://oec.world/ :
Maleic anhydride are the world’s 2919th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.