Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
meta-Xylene price index
This post is a summary of the meta-xylene price developments. The price developments of meta-xylene are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. meta-Xylene price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for meta-Xylene prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of meta Xylene prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of meta-Xylene
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of meta-Xylene prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the meta-Xylene market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the meta-Xylene price index
What is meta-xylene
M-xylene, also known as 1,3-dimethylbenzene or meta-xylene, is a colorless, aromatic hydrocarbon liquid with a sweet, pleasant aroma. It is a member of the xylene family, which includes the isomers o-xylene and p-xylene. M-xylene is used as a feedstock in the production of phthalic anhydride, which is used to make plastics and resins. It is also used as a solvent and as a component in the production of a variety of products, including plastics, resins, and fibers. M-xylene can be harmful if inhaled or ingested and may cause skin irritation. It is important to use caution when handling m-xylene and to follow proper safety guidelines.
How is meta-xylene produced
There are several methods for producing m-xylene, including:
By-product of petroleum refining
M-xylene can be produced as a by-product of the refining of petroleum. During the refining process, various hydrocarbons are separated and processed to produce different products. M-xylene can be obtained as a side product of this process.
Dealkylation of toluene
M-xylene can be produced by the dealkylation of toluene, which is another aromatic hydrocarbon. This process involves the removal of an alkyl group from toluene to produce m-xylene.
Oxidation of p-xylene
M-xylene can also be produced by the oxidation of p-xylene, which is another aromatic hydrocarbon. This process involves the addition of oxygen to p-xylene to form m-xylene and water.
Catalytic dehydrogenation of xylene
M-xylene can also be produced by the catalytic dehydrogenation of xylene, which is a mixture of the three isomers of xylene (o-, m-, and p-xylene). This process involves the removal of hydrogen from xylene to produce m-xylene and other products.
What is meta–xylene used for
M-xylene, or meta-xylene, is a versatile chemical that is used in a variety of applications, including:
M-xylene is used as a feedstock in the production of phthalic anhydride, which is used to make plastics and resins.
M-xylene is used as a starting material in the production of a variety of plastics, including polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polycarbonate.
M-xylene is used as a starting material in the production of resins, which are used in a variety of applications, including coatings, adhesives, and insulation.
M-xylene is used as a starting material in the production of fibers, including polyester fibers, which are used in clothing and other textiles.
M-xylene is also used as a solvent for various chemicals, including paints, resins, and dyes.
How big is the m-xylene market
The m-xylene market is a significant global industry, with demand driven by a variety of end-use applications. According to a report from MarketsandMarkets, the global m-xylene market was valued at $18.3 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $26.3 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate of 7.3% during the forecast period. This growth is driven by increasing demand for m-xylene in the production of chemicals such as phthalic anhydride and in the production of plastics, resins, and fibers. The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for m-xylene, followed by North America and Europe. The market is expected to witness significant growth in the Asia-Pacific region, driven by the increasing demand for m-xylene in the production of plastic resins and fibers.
According to https://oec.world/ : M-xylene are the world’s 4080th most traded product.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.