Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Neopentyl glycol price index
This post is a summary of the Neopentyl glycol price developments. The price developments of Neopentyl glycol are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Neopentyl glycol price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Neopentyl glycol prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Neopentyl glycol prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Neopentyl glycol
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Neopentyl glycol prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Neopentyl glycol market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Neopentyl glycol price index
What is Neopentyl glycol
Neopentyl glycol (also known as 2,2-dimethyl-1,3-propanediol or NPG) is a chemical compound with the molecular formula C5H12O2. It is a clear, colorless liquid that is commonly used as a solvent and as a building block in the synthesis of various chemicals, such as plastics, resins, and coatings. It is also used as a plasticizer and an intermediate in the production of other chemicals. Neopentyl glycol is not very toxic and is generally considered to be safe for use in a variety of applications. It is flammable and should be handled with care.
How is Neopentyl glycol produced
Neopentyl glycol is produced through a chemical process known as the hydroformylation of isobutylene. This process involves the reaction of isobutylene with carbon monoxide and hydrogen in the presence of a catalyst, such as cobalt or rhodium. The reaction produces a mixture of products, including neopentyl glycol, which can be separated and purified through distillation. The yield of neopentyl glycol from this process can be as high as 95%.
Alternatively, neopentyl glycol can be synthesized from the reaction of formaldehyde with propylene oxide in the presence of an acid catalyst, such as sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid. This process is known as the Reppe process.
Neopentyl glycol is also produced as a byproduct of the production of other chemicals, such as neopentyl alcohol, which is produced through the hydroformylation of propylene.
What is Neopentyl glycol used for
Neopentyl glycol is used in a variety of applications, including the following:
Neopentyl glycol is used as a solvent in a number of chemical processes, such as the production of resins, coatings, and adhesives. It is also used as a solvent in the production of plastics, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
Neopentyl glycol is used as a plasticizer in the production of plastics, such as PVC. It helps to improve the flexibility and durability of the plastic.
Neopentyl glycol is used as an intermediate in the production of a wide range of chemicals, including resins, coatings, and plastics.
Neopentyl glycol is also used in the production of personal care products, such as hair dyes and shampoos, and in the production of lubricants and coolants. It is also used as a fuel additive to improve the performance and combustion of gasoline.
Neopentyl glycol market information
It is difficult to determine the size of the neopentyl glycol market with precision, as the market for this chemical is influenced by a variety of factors, such as economic conditions, demand for its end-use products, and competition from other chemicals.
However, neopentyl glycol is a widely used chemical, and it is likely that the market for this compound is significant. It is used in a variety of applications, including the production of resins, coatings, plastics, personal care products, and lubricants, and it is an intermediate in the production of other chemicals.
The demand for neopentyl glycol may also be influenced by trends in the industries that use it, such as the construction and automotive industries. In addition, the development of new technologies and applications for neopentyl glycol could also impact the size of the market.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Other unsaturated polyesters are the world’s 1114th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.