Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
ortho-Dichlorobenzene (ODCB) price index
This post is a summary of the ortho-Dichlorobenzene (ODCB) price developments since 2017. The price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. ortho-Dichlorobenzene (ODCB) price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
Further information on the ortho-Dichlorobenzene (ODCB) price index
What is ODCB
Ortho-dichlorobenzene, also known as o-dichlorobenzene or 1,2-dichlorobenzene, is a chemical compound that is used in a variety of applications, including as a moth repellent and insecticide, as a solvent, and as a feedstock in the production of chemicals. It is a white, crystalline solid with a sweet, chloroform-like smell. Ortho-dichlorobenzene is toxic if ingested or inhaled and can cause skin irritation. It is important to use caution when handling ortho-dichlorobenzene and to follow proper safety guidelines.
How is ODCB produced
Ortho-dichlorobenzene, or o-dichlorobenzene, is produced through the chlorination of benzene, which is an aromatic hydrocarbon. The process involves the addition of chlorine atoms to the benzene molecule to form o-dichlorobenzene. The reaction can be carried out using a variety of methods, including the use of a catalyst and the application of heat.
The production of o-dichlorobenzene can produce a variety of by-products and waste materials, and it is important to properly manage these materials to minimize environmental impacts. It is also important to follow proper safety guidelines when handling o-dichlorobenzene, as it is toxic if ingested or inhaled and can cause skin irritation.
What is ODCB used for
Ortho-dichlorobenzene, or o-dichlorobenzene, is used in a variety of applications, including:
Moth repellent and insecticide
O-dichlorobenzene is often used as a moth repellent and insecticide, as it is effective at killing and repelling moths and other insects. It is often used in mothballs and other products that are designed to protect clothing and other household items from moth damage.
O-dichlorobenzene is also used as a solvent for various chemicals, including resins, dyes, and pigments.
O-dichlorobenzene is used as a feedstock in the production of chemicals, including phthalic anhydride, which is used to make plastics and resins.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.