Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Polyester price index
This post is a summary of the polyester (PET-based) price developments.The polyester price developments are expressed in US$/kg prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. Polyester (PET-based) price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for PET prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of polyester (PET-based) prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of polyester.
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of polyester (PET-based) prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the polyester market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Polyester price index
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
According to https://oec.world/ :
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq is an online tool to track relevant market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators for you.
BusinessAnalytiq means you will always have the best market awareness in the room, leading to better discussions, faster decisions, better negotiations, better raw material prices, better internal and external communication, and ultimately lower risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The data is presented in US$
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources