Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Polysilicon price index
This post is a summary of the polysilicon (silicon) price developments. The price developments of polysilicon are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Polysilicon price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for silicon prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of polysilicon (silicon) prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of polysilicon
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of silicon prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the polysilicon (silicon) market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Polysilicon price index
According to https://oec.world/ :
Silicon, >99.99% pure are the world’s 1018th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq is an online tool to track relevant market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators for you.
BusinessAnalytiq means you will always have the best market awareness in the room, leading to better discussions, faster decisions, better negotiations, better raw material prices, better internal and external communication, and ultimately lower risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The data is presented in US$
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources