Further details on how the index of the PV Mono PERC module is calculated
Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
PV Mono PERC module price index
This post is a summary of the PV Solar Mono PERC module price developments since 2018. The price developments are expressed as a price index in US$ prices converted at current FX rates, which are the FX rates applicable at the time the price was valid. PV Solar Mono PERC module price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
A PV (photovoltaic) module is a device that converts solar energy into electricity. It is made up of a number of solar cells that are connected together in a series and encased in a protective cover.
A mono PERC (Passivated Emitter Rear Contact) module is a type of PV module that uses a single-crystalline silicon solar cell with a passivated rear contact. The passivated rear contact refers to an additional layer of insulation on the back of the solar cell, which helps to increase the efficiency of the module by reducing recombination losses. The use of a single-crystalline silicon cell allows for higher efficiency than other types of cells, such as polycrystalline or thin-film cells.
PERC technology is considered to be a significant advancement in the field of photovoltaics, as it allows for higher efficiency and performance in PV modules. It is commonly used in residential and commercial solar panel systems.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.