Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) price index
This post is a summary of the titanium dioxide (TiO2) price developments. The price developments of titanium dioxide (TiO2) are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Titanium dioxide (TiO2) price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for TiO2 prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of titanium dioxide prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of titanium dioxide (TiO2)
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of titanium dioxide (TiO2) prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the titanium dioxide (TiO2) market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) price index
What is TiO2
Titanium dioxide (TiO2) is a white, odorless, inorganic compound that is widely used as a pigment in a variety of industries, including paints, coatings, plastics, and paper. It is also used in the production of cosmetics, sunscreens, and food products, such as candies and chewing gum.
Titanium dioxide has excellent whiteness, brightness, and hiding power, which makes it an effective pigment for hiding the color of the substrate it is applied to. It is also resistant to discoloration and fading, and it has good UV resistance, making it suitable for use in outdoor applications.
Titanium dioxide is a naturally occurring mineral, and it is typically extracted from the ore ilmenite or rutile. It is then processed through a series of steps to produce the finished pigment, which is available in various forms, including anatase and rutile.
Titanium dioxide is a safe and effective pigment that has been used for over 100 years. It is generally considered to be non-toxic and non-irritating, and it is not classified as a carcinogen.
How is TiO2 produced
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
TiO2 market size
According to market research firm Mordor Intelligence, the global titanium dioxide market was valued at around $13.5 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% between 2021 and 2026. The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for titanium dioxide, accounting for around 45% of global demand. The demand for titanium dioxide is driven by the construction, automotive, and packaging industries, among others.
It is worth noting that the market for titanium dioxide can be subject to fluctuations due to changing economic conditions and shifts in demand for end-use products. In addition, the development of new technologies and the introduction of alternative pigments could also impact the size of the market.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Titanium oxides are the world’s 2219th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.