Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Trimethylolpropane (TMP) price index
This post is a summary of the Trimethylolpropane (TMP) price developments. The price developments of Trimethylolpropane (TMP) are expressed in US$ prices converted FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Trimethylolpropane (TMP) price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Trimethylolpropane (TMP) prices, on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Trimethylolpropane (TMP) prices
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Trimethylolpropane (TMP)
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Trimethylolpropane (TMP) prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Trimethylolpropane (TMP)market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on the Trimethylolpropane (TMP) price index
Here is some more information
What is TMP
Trimethylolpropane (TMP) is a synthetic organic compound that belongs to the family of triols, which are compounds with three hydroxyl (-OH) groups. TMP is a clear, colorless liquid with a low viscosity and a faint, sweet, alcoholic odor. It is a versatile intermediate that is used in a variety of chemical reactions and processes, including the production of resins, polymers, and surfactants.
TMP has a number of useful properties that make it attractive for a variety of applications. It is a good solvent for a wide range of organic compounds, and it is also a good plasticizer, which means that it can be used to make polymers more flexible and easier to process. In addition, TMP is a good surfactant, which means that it can reduce the surface tension of liquids and improve their wetting and spreading properties.
Overall, TMP is a valuable chemical intermediate that is used in a variety of industries, including the paint and coatings industry, the plastics industry, and the cosmetics and personal care industry.
How is TMP produced
TMP is typically produced by the condensation of formaldehyde and an alcohol, such as methanol or ethanol, in the presence of an acid catalyst. It can also be synthesized from other starting materials, such as pentaerythritol or glycerol.
What is TMP used for
Trimethylolpropane (TMP) is a versatile chemical intermediate that is used in a variety of applications, including the production of resins, polymers, and surfactants. Some specific uses of TMP include:
TMP can be used to synthesize alkyd resins, which are used in the paint and coatings industry as binders for coatings and films. TMP-based alkyd resins are known for their good drying properties, good adhesion to a variety of substrates, and good chemical resistance.
TMP can be used as a monomer to synthesize a variety of polymers, including polyurethanes, polyesters, and polycarbonates. These polymers have a wide range of properties and applications, including use as adhesives, sealants, foams, and films.
TMP can be used as a surfactant to reduce the surface tension of liquids and improve their wetting and spreading properties. This makes it useful in a variety of applications, including detergents, cleaners, and personal care products.
TMP can be used as a plasticizer to make polymers more flexible and easier to process. It is commonly used in the production of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and other polymers to improve their processing and performance properties.
TMP is also used in the production of flavors and fragrances, as a solvent for resins and other organic compounds, and as a reagent in chemical synthesis.
Further reading on TMP
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
TMP market size
It is difficult to estimate the size of the global trimethylolpropane (TMP) market as it is a widely used intermediate chemical that is used in a variety of applications and industries. TMP is used in the production of resins, polymers, surfactants, flavors and fragrances, and other chemicals, and it is likely that the market for TMP is influenced by the demand for these products.
The global market for resins, which includes alkyd resins made from TMP, was valued at about $40 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 4% from 2021 to 2026. The global market for polyurethanes, which can be made from TMP, was valued at about $53 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 6% from 2021 to 2026. The global market for surfactants, which includes TMP-based surfactants, was valued at about $45 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 3% from 2021 to 2026.
It is important to note that these figures represent the size of the markets for the end products made from TMP, and do not directly reflect the size of the TMP market itself. In addition, these figures are estimates and may vary depending on the source and the method of calculation.
According to https://oec.world/ :
Trimethylolpropane are the world’s 3697th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.