Business Analytiq assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, or timeliness.
Yellow Phosphorus price index
This post is a summary of the Yellow Phosphorus prices. The price developments of Yellow Phosphorus are expressed in US$ prices converted at FX rates applicable at the time when the price was valid. Yellow Phosphorus price index developments are calculated from multiple separate sources of data to ensure statistical accuracy.
The outlook for Yellow Phosphorus on the second tab, is generated from different inputs including:
- Very recent price developments of immediate cost drivers of Yellow Phosphorus
- Recent price developments of underlying feedstocks which drive the price of Yellow Phosphorus
- Market futures for both cost drives and feedstocks of Yellow Phosphorus prices
- Adjustment of current supply/demand imbalances in the Yellow Phosphorus market
- Longer term trends in likely demand conditions
Further information on Yellow Phosphorus
Here is further information
What is Yellow Phosphorus
Yellow phosphorus, also known as white phosphorus, is a chemical element with the symbol P and atomic number 15. It is a highly reactive, waxy, white or yellowish solid that is commonly used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications.
How is Yellow Phosphorus produced
Yellow phosphorus is typically produced through the thermal decomposition of phosphate rock, which is a process that involves heating the rock to a high temperature in the absence of air. The resulting product is a mixture of yellow phosphorus, calcium oxide, and silicon dioxide. The yellow phosphorus is then purified and isolated to produce a pure product.
What is Yellow Phosphorus used for
Phosphorus is a chemical element that has a variety of uses, including:
Phosphorus is an essential nutrient for plant growth, and is often added to fertilizers to promote the healthy growth of crops.
Phosphorus is used as a food additive in a variety of products, including soda, processed meats, and cheese. It is added to enhance the flavor and texture of these products.
Phosphorus is used in the production of some pesticides, which are chemicals used to control pests such as insects and weeds.
Phosphorus is used in the production of a variety of industrial chemicals, including detergents, flame retardants, and plastics.
Phosphorus is used in the production of some medications, including antacids and laxatives.
Phosphorus is also used in the production of phosphor, which is used in the production of fluorescent lamps and LCD screens, and in the production of match heads.
- Wikipedia for general, history, production and usage information
- PubChem for chemistry and property information
According to https://oec.world/ :
Phosphorus are the world’s 2474th most traded product.
BE THE FIRST TO SEE RISK AND OPPORTUNITY!
BusinessAnalytiq provides unlimited market trend data and an online tools to track market developments, key benchmarks & leading indicators.
BusinessAnalytiq leads to price visibility, better negotiations, easier budgeting and forecasting, lower raw material prices, and improved better internal and external communication. BusinessAnalytiq will decrease risk and higher profit.
Notes on the price-data
- We aim to update the data series on the 11th and 25th of each month (but we do not always make it for each chart)
- The data for the current month and recent history are fine-tuned over time.
- We are continually improving our data collection and processing methods and data will be updated from time to time as we improve the accuracy
- We are working hard to upgrade the algorithm before April 1, 2023 and a further fine-tune by July 1, 2023
- This the index trend of the price of the product group in general and not a single specification in particular
- The source of the data are exclusively public non-confidential sources
- We combine public publications, import/export records, company announcements, and sources of ad-hoc public information.
- The chart shows the price trend, nearly always taken from many statistically-correlated sources
- The data is presented in US$. The UOM of measure is shown in the Index list table
- We do our best to create an accurate representation of the trend
- Although we believe the price trend to be accurate, we assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
- The information is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness, fitness for purpose or timeliness.
- By their nature, outlooks are always uncertain
- We are working on 500 additional indexes which will be released over time when we are content that it is accurate.
- Feel free to contact us if you have a specific request.
- The service is funding by advertising, so our apologies for the distraction of the advertisements.